When you suffer a spinal injury, it can quickly turn your life upside down. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we understand how important it is to restore your spinal health as quickly as possible without compromising your care. This is why we treat the whole patient, not just their injury symptoms.
Our team takes a comprehensive approach to treating the musculoskeletal system by combining chiropractic care with various physiotherapies. For example, you may benefit from our massage therapy, ultrasound therapy, and rehabilitation exercises. If you are seeking Boca Raton spine injury treatment, consider Specific Care Chiropractic for a well-rounded healing experience.
Understanding Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury can impact your ability to move around or handle various tasks on your own, depending on the area of the spine that suffered damage. For example, spinal cord damage can cause you to experience:
- Involuntary muscle spasms
- Difficulty with balance
- Numbness or tingling in the extremities, including arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, or toes
- Shooting pains in the back, shoulders, or neck
- Difficulty breathing
- Weakness, stiffness, or loss of movement
Given the ways a spine injury could affect your day-to-day life, it’s critical to address the problem at its source to ensure comprehensive healing. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we aim to do just that. We create a multi-step treatment plan customized to your needs and recovery goals.
Our Approach to Boca Raton Spine Injury Treatment
Spinal adjustments and physiotherapy exercises make up the cornerstones of our services at Specific Care Chiropractic. We believe that realigning and strengthening your spine can do more than address the pain you are experiencing—it can also improve your mobility and reduce the risk of re-injury once you’ve recovered.
We’ve outlined some of the services we offer within these treatment methods below.
Chiropractic adjustments allow us to realign your spine, easing pressure on your affected nerves to reduce pain. Some of the techniques and methods we offer that focus on spinal alignment include:
- The Sacral-Occipital Technique (SOT), which can help treat many areas, including the neck and back. It addresses the connection between the nervous system and the spine.
- Diversified adjustments, including side posture for lower back pain and seat diversified for neck, shoulder, and mid to lower back pain
- Knee-chest adjustments for the neck area
- The toggle recoil method for a gentler spine adjustment
- The Thompson Drop-Table Technique for full-spine manipulation
Our certified chiropractic team will perform X-rays and other tests to determine which methods are best for treating your specific injury.
Physiotherapy for Spinal Injuries
Along with realigning your spine, we can treat the surrounding muscle tissue to further relieve your pain and rebuild your mobility and stability. We offer multiple types of physiotherapy and may combine multiple techniques to promote comprehensive recovery. For example, your treatment may include:
- Ultrasound therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation (E-STIM)
- Stretching exercises
- Various levels of strengthening exercises using tools from our Rehab Room
- Massage therapy with our certified massage therapists
Together, these therapies will help us promote tissue regeneration and strengthen your muscles to protect your spine from further damage.
Our Four Stages of Spinal Injury Rehabilitation
When creating your customized treatment plan, we arrange our therapies into four phases:
- Acute: This phase aims to reduce pain and pressure on your nerves.
- Rehabilitation: This phase aims to improve your range of motion.
- Strengthening: This phase aims to build muscle health and protect your spine from further damage.
- Maximum medical improvement (MMI): This is the maintenance phase in which you’ve reached full recovery.
It’s important to note that healing is not always linear, so some of our treatments may overlap to address any flare-ups you experience during the process. Ultimately, our goal is to treat your injury and give you a solid foundation of spinal health that you can carry forward.
What to Expect Based on Client Reviews
Clients we’ve supported on their healing journeys consistently praise our customer service. We are proud to receive reviews like these from our patients:
“The staff is super inviting and is always willing to go above and beyond when it comes to making you feel comfortable and welcomed.” — Marie St. Nelus
“Clean atmosphere, friendly staff and an awesome chiropractor. I have been feeling much better after each visit.” — Nathalia Guadalupe
“They are an amazing staff and very flexible. They actually care about your health and really work to make you feel better. They are very honest and exceed their standards of customer service. Definitely the best chiropractor to go to.” — Kevin Dominguez
We Can Work With Your Personal Injury Attorney in Boca Raton
When you suffer an injury that warrants an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, medical records and testimony will be critical. Our team understands this, so we support your financial recovery by providing such evidence to your lawyer.
Information We Can Provide for Your Case
Once you sign a medical release form granting your lawyer access to your medical files, we can begin to share information about your injury and treatment. Providing details on both of these will help your legal team outline your recoverable damages, including the cost of your current and future medical care.
For example, some of the information we can provide for your case includes:
- The extent and severity of your spinal cord injury, including symptoms you experience and affected areas
- The date you began treatment and your outlined treatment schedule
- Your ability to recover and how long it will likely take you to reach maximum medical improvement
- The types of treatment you require
- The cost of your treatment at our facility, including estimated future treatment costs
- Whether you require assistive medical devices for your treatment and their associated costs
All these details can give your lawyer, the insurance company, and the jury valuable insight into your injury and recovery to prove your right to compensation. Our team is happy to help in any way we can.
Call Us to Schedule an Appointment
The sooner we get started on your Boca Raton spine injury treatment, the sooner we can relieve your pain and get you on the path to recovery. Call our team at Specific Care Chiropractic today at (239) 369-9109 to set up your appointment at our nearest office.