Back injuries are among the most debilitating types of trauma. Your back injury may prevent you from working, restrict your physical movement, and sap joy from your life. Specific Care Chiropractic can develop a treatment plan, including physiotherapy and chiropractic adjustments, for your specific injury.
Our Coconut Creek back injury treatment can get you back to normal. We will also help if you’re taking legal action for their injury. Our team will work directly with your personal injury lawyer. Our primary concern, though, is treating your injury.
Back Injuries We Treat at Specific Care Chiropractic
Specific Care Chiropractic treats all back injuries. We will examine your condition and treat it. If our medical professionals can’t properly treat your injury, we’ll refer you to someone who can.
Our team may help with:
- Herniated discs
- Muscle strains
- Ligament injuries
- Any other source of pain or discomfort
We treat back injuries resulting from:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Falls from heights
- Work-related accidents
- Medical errors
- Degenerative conditions
Specific Care Chiropractic provides comprehensive care. We will identify the cause of your injury and the appropriate treatment course. By treating your back injury, we hope to eliminate the limits the injury has placed on you.
Symptoms of Back Injuries
Cedars-Sinai explains that back injuries may cause:
- Acute pain: You may suffer sharp pain when moving your body in certain ways. This pain can be debilitating.
- General pain: You may feel widespread discomfort or chronic pain, even if it’s not acute. This pain may get progressively worse.
- Numbness, tingling, and loss of sensation: These feelings may generally affect your groin and upper legs. Depending on your injury’s location, you may lose sensation in other body parts.
- Abdominal pain: Your pain may not be limited to your back. An untreated back injury may cause creeping pain (and other eventual injuries).
You may suffer non-medical symptoms. Low back pain is the second-leading cause of disability in the U.S., per Harvard Health. The financial ramifications of a back injury can be immense. Stress may also intensify back pain, while your back pain may intensify your stress—a vicious cycle.
For many back injuries, rest and ice aren’t sufficient remedies. Your symptoms may be resistant to your own treatment. The trained physicians at Specific Care Chiropractic can provide relief, however.
What Our Clients Say About Specific Care Chiropractic
Our clients are our baseline for success. If you feel better after we’ve treated you, we’ve done our job. Clients tell us:
“The staff, trainers, and doctors are awesome. They make sure you’re comfortable before starting their procedures. They are a very caring facility. If you have any questions, they will answer immediately and if the person can’t, he/she will find the right person to assist you. They are the BEST!” – Patricia Smith
“This place is awesome, very clean with a friendly staff. The doctors were great to work with from start to finish. I would recommend them to everyone for your chiropractic care.” – Jerald Brown
“I have used chiropractic care periodically as needed over the last thirty years. No one has done it better than Specific Care Chiropractic. They will educate you and will put together a plan to improve the Quality of life for you. I highly recommend Specific Care Chiropractic.” – Richard Whiteman
You can rely on our Coconut Creek team for your back injury treatment.
Back Injury Treatments that We Offer
We generally treat back injuries through a rehabilitation program. The phases of this program include:
The Acute Phase
During this phase, we’ll identify the cause of your symptoms. We may treat your back injury through:
- Stretches: Stretching can improve tightness in your back. Stretches we teach you may also strengthen your back while increasing your flexibility.
- Adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments are one of our primary offerings. We utilize several types of adjustments to treat back pain. An adjustment entails the application of pressure to affected joints. Adjustments may produce both immediate and long-term relief.
- Massages: Our licensed massage therapists will target your discomfort. They may use several techniques to loosen your muscles, reducing pain in the process.
We may continue using these techniques as we move into the Rehab Phase.
The Rehab Phase
As your body heals, we will adjust our approach. These adjustments come during the Rehab Phase of your treatment. The nature of this phase will depend on your specific injuries and response to treatment.
The Strengthening Phase
We generally escalate your treatment course during the Strengthening Phase. Along with our physicians and therapists, you may engage in longer exercises. You may also lift weights and engage in other strength training.
We may also administer deep tissue massages and final corrective measures. At this phase, you are well on your way to feeling better.
The Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI) Phase
Once you’ve reached maximum medical improvement, you’re ready to resume a normal life. Our physicians can determine if and when you’ve reached MMI.
Specific Chiropractic Care guides you through each treatment phase. We’ll position you for sustainable recovery even after you’ve completed treatment.
We Also Work with Personal Injury Attorneys if You Have a Case
Some of our clients’ injuries result in a legal case. We document those clients’ injuries, helping in any other way we can. Our team may:
- Provide written accounts of your injuries
- Provide X-rays and other images to your personal injury lawyer
- Provide testimony for your case
- Provide invoices for your treatment
If you haven’t yet retained a lawyer, we may help you do so. You may recover compensation to pay for your back injury treatment.
Schedule a Coconut Creek Back Injury Treatment Appointment with Specific Care Chiropractic Today
Back injuries can’t wait. Delaying treatment may cause further harm. Whether you’ve been in an accident or are suffering from a progressive injury, we can help. Call Specific Care Chiropractic today at (239) 932-5314 to schedule an appointment. We can discuss your treatment plan and what you’ll have to pay for.