A neck injury is more than pain and discomfort. It’s missing time from work. It’s being unable to play with your children. At a time like this, you may wonder if you have options. With neck injury treatment in Coconut Creek, you can reach maximum medical improvement (MMI) and get back on your feet.
Specific Care Chiropractic is ready to restore your quality of life. We’ve crafted our four-phase recovery program to meet your needs. Setting up an appointment with our care staff begins with one phone call.
We Treat These Neck Injuries at Our Coconut Creek Treatment Facility
Neck injuries have a host of causes, including collisions, falls, and recreational activities. These conditions affect nerve endings, bones, ligaments, joints––you name it.
Examples of conditions we treat include:
- Whiplash: When the neck snaps back and forth upon impact (like in a collision), it can cause pain for several months. Some people need lifelong treatment, per BMC Public Health.
- Disc injuries: When discs crack or slip out of place, they can cause immense pain and discomfort.
- Sprains and strains: These conditions happen when the neck muscles are overexerted and suffer damage.
- Spinal cord trauma: If you suffered a back injury, the pain may radiate to your neck, causing discomfort, swelling, and stiffness.
We can also diagnose and treat conditions not included here.
Our Four-Phase Treatment Plan Seeks to Better Your Health
Your first appointment gives you the opportunity to meet our team and learn more about your treatment options. We’ll conduct a series of exams to diagnose your condition. During your second visit, we’ll implement our four-phase treatment plan, which can last several days, weeks, or months.
This process includes:
The Acute Phase: Where We Address Your Pain
Our first goal is to stabilize your condition. In the acute phase, we will employ adjustments, stretches, and massages to alleviate your discomfort. We will focus our treatments on your problem areas, including your neck, upper back, and cervical collar.
The Rehab Phase: Where You Improve Your Range of Motion
After addressing your initial pain, you’ll move into the rehab phase. Here, you will undergo:
- Adjustments, where we stretch the problem area to strengthen it
- Light exercises, such as repetitive motion exercises’
- Massages to alleviate any residual pain or discomfort
The Strengthening Phase: Where You Feel Better
Once you’ve reached the strengthening phase, you will feel the same as you did before getting hurt. You might even feel better than ever. Our goal is to maintain your progress and improve your well-being.
The MMI Phase
At this point, your condition has improved to the best of its ability. We may recommend lifestyle changes to keep your injury from recurring. We may also schedule follow-up appointments so we can monitor your condition.
These Neck Injury Treatments Can Better Your Condition in Coconut Creek
We may employ one or more of the following treatments to help you reach MMI:
Electrical Muscle Stimulation (E-STIM) Therapy
E-STIM therapy sends painless electrical waves into your muscles, repairing the damaged tissue and alleviating pain. We may also recommend strengthening muscles in combination with ultrasonic waves.
Ultrasound therapy sends sound waves in the muscle and surrounding tissue. In a recent study, Pain Medicine reports that three out of four patients noted significant improvement after receiving this treatment.
We’ll use a combination of lotion, kneading motions, and gentle applications to strengthen your muscles and relieve your pain.
Activities in Our Rehab Room
Our rehab room is like a cozy little gym, outfitted with vibration plates, exercise balls, and light weights. We’ll use different exercises to better your condition.
We Offer More than Chiropractic Care
We want to be part of your support system during your recovery period. We realize that recovering from a neck injury is just one aspect of your situation. As such:
We Can Recommend an Attorney
If you suffered harm in a collision, slip and fall, or another incident, you can work with an attorney to recover compensation. We partner with many Florida law firms that can pursue compensation for your injury-related losses.
A lawyer can do everything your case requires, such as:
- Filing your injury claim
- Investigating your accident and gathering evidence
- Proving negligence
- Calculating your losses, including your healthcare expenses
- Filing your civil lawsuit within Florida’s statutory deadlines
We Can Advise You on Any Lifestyle Changes
Seeking chiropractic care isn’t a one-time appointment. It requires maintenance. To improve your health, we may recommend:
- Light exercises: Walks in the park, exercises, and lifting weights can strengthen the muscles in your body. Ultimately, this can prevent your injury from recurring in the future.
- Abstaining from drugs and alcohol: Some drugs and alcohol can act as muscle relaxers, increasing the likelihood of re-injury. We may ask that you refrain from using these substances or limit your use.
- Changing your line of work: The Journal of Preventative Medicine & Hygiene notes some jobs pose a higher rate of neck injuries than others. Your chiropractic doctor may recommend changing jobs if there’s a risk of re-injury.
Check Out What Our Former Patients have Shared with Us
Out of 58 Google Reviews, we have a five-star rating. That’s not all, though. Some of our former patients have shared:
“I love this place amazing staff and the office is amazing. Everyone is always so positive and some are funny. Whenever I went there I was relaxed instantly. I LOVE the massage chair they have. My favorite part was the cold waters and the mints they used to give for free.” ––Kalmia F.
“I have been a patient at ‘Specific Care Chiropractic’ for the past five years! The doctors and technicians have not only taken care of my hurting neck & back they go out of their way to make you feel special!” ––Larry S.
“I went here after my first car accident. They were so nice and kind. I loved going there. Would recommend for anyone.” ––Emma F.
Connect with Our Chiropractic Doctors for Neck Injury Treatment in Coconut Creek
If you’re looking for neck injury treatment in Coconut Creek, Specific Care Chiropractic is ready to meet your needs. We’re determined to help you reach maximum medical improvement in any way we can.
To schedule an appointment, dial (239) 369-9109 today.