Herniated discs (or “slipped discs”) are one of the most common causes of excruciating back pain. According to the National Library of Medicine, herniated discs are prevalent in our society. Between 5 and 20 out of every 1000 Americans annually contract this condition. The most affected demographic are those between 30 and 50 years old.
If you’re looking for the best Fort Lauderdale herniated disc treatment, you’ve come to the right place. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we offer a variety of treatment options for herniated discs, including chiropractic adjustments and physiotherapy.
Herniated discs can be very painful and debilitating, but you don’t have to face this alone. We have helped many patients find relief from the pain of their herniated discs and we can help you too. Call today at (239) 932-5314 to schedule your appointment.
What Are the Common Causes of Herniated Disc Injury in Fort Lauderdale?
The most common cause of a herniated disc is the degeneration of the outer layer of the disc, known as the annulus fibrosus. This can happen due to age-related changes, a back injury, or other factors.
Degeneration weakens the annulus, making it more likely to tear. When it does tear, the inner layer of the disc, known as the nucleus pulposus, can bulge out through the tear, putting pressure on nearby nerves and causing pain.
Other common causes of herniated disc injury include:
- Trauma: A car accident or other traumatic event can damage the discs in your spine.
- Repetitive motion: Repeating the same motions over and over again can put a strain on the discs in your spine and lead to degeneration.
- Obesity: Excess weight puts extra strain on your spine and can lead to herniated disc injury.
- Smoking: Smoking decreases blood flow to the discs in your spine and can make them more likely to degenerate.
If you have a herniated disc in Fort Lauderdale, it’s important to get treatment as soon as possible. Herniated discs can cause serious pain and other symptoms, and left untreated, they can lead to long-term problems. Good chiropractic care can help relieve your pain.
What Are the Symptoms of a Herniated Disc?
The most common symptom of a herniated disc is pain. The pain can vary depending on where the herniated disc is located. For example, if you have a herniated disc in your lower back, you may have pain that radiates down your leg.
Other symptoms of a herniated disc include:
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty moving
- Problems with bowel or bladder control
If you have any of these symptoms, our Fort Lauderdale chiropractors can help.
How Is a Herniated Disc Diagnosed?
This condition is often difficult to diagnose. It can be misdiagnosed as other problems such as a pinched nerve, a pulled muscle, or sciatica. If this condition is left undiagnosed or untreated for any period of time it can lead to short or long-term loss of function, extreme pain, and even paralysis.
Your doctor will ask about your symptoms and medical history. They’ll also do a physical exam. If they suspect you have a herniated disc, they may order imaging tests, such as an MRI or CT scan. These tests can show the discs in your spine and whether any of them are herniated.
How Is a Herniated Disc Treated?
Once a herniated disc is diagnosed, treatment can begin. There are a number of different treatment options and the best option for you will depend on the severity of your condition. We can work with you to create a personalized treatment plan. Fort Lauderdale herniated disc treatment options include:
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help strengthen the muscles around your spine and relieve pain.
- Chiropractic care: Chiropractic adjustments can relieve pain by taking the pressure off of herniated discs.
- Massage: Massage can alleviate pain and help relax the muscles around your spine.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves strategically placing needles in the skin, relieving pain.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove the herniated disc.
Fort Lauderdale herniated disc treatment can help relieve your pain and other symptoms. If you have a herniated disc, it’s important to see a doctor right away so that you can start treatment and avoid long-term problems.
What Chiropractic Treatments Can Be Used for Herniated Disc Injury?
Fort Lauderdale chiropractic care has many types of herniated disc treatments to relieve pain and other symptoms. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to adjust the spine and take the pressure off of herniated discs, including:
- Spinal manipulation: Spinal manipulation involves the chiropractor using his or her hands to move the spine into alignment.
- Spinal decompression: Spinal decompression is a technique that uses a machine to stretch the spine and take the pressure off of herniated discs.
- Electrical stimulation: Electrical stimulation uses electrical impulses to relax the muscles around the spine and relieve pain.
Benefits of Treating a Herniated Disc with Chiropractic Care
There are many benefits of treating herniated disc injuries with chiropractic care in Fort Lauderdale.
Chiropractic care is a drug-free and surgery-free way to treat herniated discs. It can relieve pain, improve mobility, and prevent long-term problems. Chiropractic care is safe and effective, and it has a high success rate.
Call Us for Your Fort Lauderdale Herniated Disc Treatment!
If you have a herniated disc in Fort Lauderdale, it’s important to see a doctor right away so that you can start treatment and avoid long-term problems. Specific Care Chiropractic is a chiropractor and wellness center that has a team of qualified chiropractors to help you get better.
Here at Specific Care Chiropractic, we provide the best care for all your health needs. Our chiropractors are knowledgeable, caring, and ready to help heal your injury. With our variety of services and treatments, we can find the perfect solution for you. Call us at (239) 932-5314 to schedule your appointment today.