There are times we experience excruciating pain that makes it difficult to perform routine tasks. When this happens, chiropractic adjustments may be used to alleviate this pain. Chiropractic adjustments can treat a wide variety of common conditions in Plantation, including back pain, neck pain, headaches, and more.
If you’re in Plantation, Florida, and want to try out chiropractic adjustments, we can help. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we have an outstanding team of chiropractors who can help diagnose your pain and recommend an appropriate treatment plan.
What Are Chiropractic Adjustments?
If you are considering chiropractic adjustments in Plantation, it’s important to understand what they are and how they can help you. Put simply, chiropractic adjustments are a specific type of manual therapy used to realign the bones in your spine.
Chiropractic adjustments are a key part of many people’s health and wellness plans. While there are many different types of chiropractic adjustments, the end goal is always the same: to reduce pain and improve function.
Who Can Benefit From Chiropractic Adjustments?
In general, anyone experiencing pain or discomfort in their spine or other joints is a good candidate for our chiropractic adjustments here in Plantation. This includes residents with conditions like:
How Chiropractic Adjustments Work
The goal of chiropractic adjustments is to realign the bones in your spine. This can be done using a variety of techniques, depending on the specific condition being treated. Adjustments are usually performed by a licensed chiropractor, who will use their hands or a specialized tool to apply pressure to the affected area.
You don’t need to worry about feeling pain as chiropractic adjustments are usually gentle. However, you may feel a bit of pressure or discomfort during the adjustment itself. Fortunately, the discomfort is very brief and will be replaced with the joy and relief of having your injury fixed after the process.
Are There Risks Associated With Chiropractic Adjustments?
Chiropractic adjustments are generally safe. However, as with any type of medical treatment, there are some commonly associated risks. These risks are usually mild and temporary, and may include:
- Muscle soreness
- Joint stiffness
Despite the above risks, chiropractic adjustments are often a safe and effective way to treat pain and improve function in Plantation. If you are considering chiropractic adjustments, your doctor or chiropractor can determine if they’re right for you.
Types of Chiropractic Adjustments We Offer in Plantation
We offer many different types of chiropractic adjustments. The specific type that is right for you will depend on your individual condition. Some common types of adjustment include:
- Manual Adjustments: During a manual adjustment, the chiropractor will use their hands to apply pressure to the affected area.
- Instrument-Assisted Adjustments: Instrument-assisted adjustments are similar to manual adjustments, but they use a specialized tool to help apply pressure to the affected area.
- Activator Methods Adjustments: In this adjustment technique, the chiropractor uses a small, hand-held device called an activator to apply pressure to the affected area.
- Drop Table Adjustments: These adjustments use a special table that has sections that drop down when pressure is applied. This is often used for people with conditions like degenerative disc disease.
Your doctor or chiropractor can help you decide which type suits you based on the type and severity of the injury.
How Often Should I Get a Chiropractic Adjustment?
A chiropractic adjustment is a type of manual therapy that focuses on the correction of subluxations and misalignments in the joints. It is an effective tool for pain relief, correcting spinal conditions, and improving mobility. They are one of the most popular forms of natural health care in the United States today.
The necessary frequency varies from person to person. Many people get chiropractic adjustments regularly to maintain their health and wellness. Some individuals may need a few adjustments per week while others may need them only once or twice a year. Your chiropractor will assess your situation and recommend the number of sessions you may need to fix your spine or injury.
How Long Does It Take for a Chiropractor to Adjust a Patient?
The time it takes for a chiropractor to adjust someone varies depending on what they need. For example, adjusting someone’s back can take up to 30 minutes while adjusting the spine can take up to two hours. Your chiropractor can estimate how long it will take for them to do your particular adjustment.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment
Plantation chiropractic adjustments offer many potential benefits, including:
- Reduced pain: Adjustments are a highly effective way to reduce pain. An adjustment can help target the exact cause of your pain and eliminate it.
- Increased blood circulation: Plantation chiropractic adjustments encourage blood to flow properly throughout the body, improving overall health and wellness.
- Improved athletic performance: Athletes who regularly visit a chiropractor may experience increased strength, endurance, and recovery time after physical activity.
- Improved sleep: Chiropractic adjustments can relieve tension in the body that may cause restless sleep.
- Improved function: They can reduce the effects of chronic conditions such as arthritis, migraines, and back pain.
- Increased range of motion: Denervating the spine can provide pain relief and improve mobility.
If you are considering chiropractic adjustments in Plantation, talk to your doctor or chiropractor to see if they’re right for you.
Call Us for Plantation Chiropractic Adjustments!
At Specific Care Chiropractic, chiropractic adjustments are our specialty. We offer a variety of services to provide you with the specific care you need, including:
- A comprehensive evaluation to determine the cause of your pain
- A personalized treatment plan to address your unique needs
- Chiropractic adjustments to reduce pain and improve function
- Rehabilitation exercises to help you recover and prevent further injury
If you are suffering from pain in Plantation, Florida, we can help. Contact us today at (239) 369-9109 to schedule an appointment. Our chiropractic adjustments may be just the answer you’re looking for.