Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine that causes it to grow sideways rather than straight up and down. Scoliosis can also cause your spine to twist on itself. Many children have scoliosis that will correct itself over time, but some cases of scoliosis require treatment to correct. It often becomes apparent during adolescence and should be addressed right away. At Specific Care Chiropractic, our Pompano Beach scoliosis treatment plan can help.
Chiropractic medicine will not cure scoliosis, but our team can help you manage chronic pain. We can also help you avoid worsening your condition and identify effective ways to move and control your body to minimize pain. With proper care and support, you can master breathing techniques and restorative care. Our physicians will discuss the range of services we offer and the benefits you can expect.
How Chiropractic Medicine Can Help Scoliosis
If scoliosis is limiting your life, we can help you find ways to manage your condition. After a complete examination of your spine and its degree of curvature, our team can develop a treatment protocol that will help you:
- Reduce or eliminate the pain of scoliosis
- Teach beneficial, pain-free movements
- Teach stretching and strengthening techniques
- Help you learn to take deep, restorative breaths
Our treatment goal is to provide a drug-free, non-invasive approach to patient wellness. We work hard to reduce painful, pressure-sensitive nerves and help your body strengthen its core to support itself more fully and comfortably.
Potential Signs of Scoliosis
Recognizing scoliosis early can help you get the treatment you need right away. If you suspect you or your child may have scoliosis, look for the following signs:
- Clothes fitting unevenly
- One shoulder or hip that sits higher than the other
- Trouble drawing a deep, cleansing breath
A scoliosis assessment can help you get on the road to early intervention so you can discover the most appropriate combination of treatment options.
Treating Scoliosis Early Is Important
Scoliosis is the most common spinal deformity in the United States. Mayo Clinic research warns against allowing scoliosis to go untreated. Without proper care and monitoring, scoliosis can worsen over time, and you could face the following consequences:
- Continued curving of up to an additional degree each year
- Obvious spinal deformities that change your appearance
- Ongoing increases in back pain and difficulty breathing
As your body responds to the forced changes of untreated scoliosis, you may notice a lopsided look, more prominent ribs on one side of your body, and uneven hips that create awkwardness in your gait.
This condition does not have to take over your life if you receive the proper care. Our health care team is always ready to help you develop a treatment plan for yourself or your son or daughter to avoid these negative consequences.
The Benefits of Our Pompano Beach Scoliosis Treatments
The treatments we offer scoliosis patients at Specific Care Chiropractic are customizable. We believe that just like no two scoliosis patients are alike, their treatment plans won’t be either. We treat every patient like a person, not a chart, which means you get the personal touch you expect and the health care you need. Accordingly:
- Our scoliosis treatments include spine manipulations, adjustments, and realignments. It may take multiple treatments to get maximum relief. Many of our scoliosis patients report feeling better after undergoing an adjustment.
- Physiotherapy helps you enjoy increased mobility, range of motion, and ease of movement.
Depending on your case, we may also recommend ultrasound therapy, rehabilitation, therapeutic massage, and specialized corrective care. We include stretching techniques and a restorative exercise plan as well. Our team also monitors your progress in our office and at home.
Seeking scoliosis treatment in Pompano Beach can improve your life in various ways. You can get the support you need with innovative health care from our Specific Care Chiropractic team.
Regular Scoliosis Support
The type of care you receive and your treatment timeline will depend on the severity of your spine’s curvature, how rigid your spine is, and other important factors. Our team will monitor your care to ensure you are progressing at an acceptable rate. We never push you beyond your limits but will help you stay focused on your treatment schedule and end goal.
Every treatment plan starts with a conversation because we want to understand your immediate and future goals. To support you as you follow your treatment plan, our team will:
- Give you a supportive at-home regimen to follow
- Carefully track your progress and any setbacks
- Provide additional medical referrals as needed
- Support your big-picture recovery plans
When our health care team is on your side, we keep our eye on your overall health and can refer you to additional medical care providers if needed.
Previous Patients Describe Our Approach to Client Care
No one can describe what it’s like to work with our chiropractic health care team like patients who have trusted us with their care. On our patient reviews page, previous clients say:
- “This place is awesome. Very clean place. Friendly staff. The Dr.’s were great to work with from start to finish. I would recommend them to everyone.” — Jerald Brown
- “They make sure you’re comfortable before starting their procedures…If you have any questions, they will answer immediately…They are the BEST!” — Patricia Smith
- “Went in for my first chiropractic visit…He was very thorough, explained everything, was very friendly…I would recommend them to anyone.” — Ashley Peabody
Your back and body health is a priority for our entire health care team. When you turn to us for treatment, we give you the respect and dignity you deserve while providing you with the medical care you need.
Schedule Your Scoliosis Assessment Today
If you or your son or daughter are living with scoliosis in Pompano Beach, we can help you find relief for chronic pain and posture improvement. Learn more about our scoliosis treatment options by calling one of our Specific Care Chiropractic team members at (239) 932-5314 today.